Monday, December 15, 2014

Slic3r vs. Cura

I tested out Cura with my new set-up and I'm positively surprised about the results.
Slic3r is working well but there are some parts of the Gcode generation which leave some ugly artefacts. Especially the change from perimeters to infill always leave a mark on the outside.

Slic3r, still having troubles generating clean perimeters
















There is still an argument to be made about Cura missing a lot of the fine detail function. No acceleration settings, no manual control and the simplification of giving only a outer wall thickness and not a number of perimeters are a bit to simplistic for my taste.

But the results speak for themselves.
Except for the little blobs, degenerated layer and bigger gaps in the perimeters didn't happen in the Cura printed (golden) parts. I will give Cura more tries in the future.

Cura, overall much more consistent look

No comments:

Post a Comment