Friday, November 7, 2014

Same old, same old.

I had hoped once I bought a high-end hotend I'd get good prints, but the Eventorbot frame is still holding me back.
Although much has gotten better such as the solid infill and surfaces

Left .3 and right.2 mm layer height
However I'm still puzzled by the gaps in the walls.






It looks like parts of the wall just curl upwards. However if I see it during printing I cant really see a wobble it just curls up like it doesn't want to stick on the layer beneath. It also is connected to the layer width, which I had down to 120% for different reasons but it appears that 150% reduces the number of gaps visually.
One glimmer of hope is that the gaps appear to be only in places when it wobbles towards the inside, all outward wobble have not gaps.
I can't really imagine that the bed is jumping up and down when the general wobble is only in the x-y direction, but nothing is impossible.
I'm implementing a stability mod at the moment, so we'll see where this leaves us.





No comments:

Post a Comment