Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The basics (series)

I learned about 3D printing one year ago and it took its time till I made the decision to buy one myself and now I´m at least "google-smart" enough to ask the right questions in the right forums :)
So this will be my attempt to connect all relevant parts of 3D printing in a practically short way and continually update it to give a good impression of what home 3D printing can do.

Topics:

  • Hardware 
    • Different parts and their names
    • The "reprap" concept and the difference to industrial printing
  • Design
    • CAD programs and what to do with them
    • Applications and model databases
    • Art
  • Material
    • Filament and its properties
  • Firmware
    • Slicing
    • Firmware itself
  • Periphery
    • Filament self production
    • 3D scanners

to be started...



No comments:

Post a Comment